Ticket #561 (closed task: fixed)
improvement on runit scripts
|Reported by:||juruen@…||Owned by:||ejhernandez@…|
Description (last modified by ejhernandez@…) (diff)
We use runit to start/stop eBox services like: squid, samba, ntp... We are doing a very primitive use of runit at the moment. Basically, we just let runit start the services everytime they go down by unknown reasons.
This behaviour can be dramatically improved and we should at least do the following:
- Log whenever a service has been restarted
- Do not try to restart a service infinitely, that is, if there's an error and a service cannot be started, runit will be trying to start the service all the time. A better approach would be to set a period of time, and a limit of restarting attempts during that period, in case of reach that limit it should stop trying and log the issue properly.
- The log will be watched by EBox::Event::Watcher::Runit to inform administrator what it happens
- Owner changed from juruen@… to ejhernandez@…
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Description modified (diff)