Ticket #643 (closed defect: fixed)
Updating is not working properly
|Reported by:||priyend@…||Owned by:||juruen@…|
I had ver 0.9.1 installed and tried to do a software update using the web interface and it only went up to 0.9.1-7180. This was incorrect since the latest version is 0.9.3.
After a lot of trying I found that I could manually update to 0.9.3 by running the following at the command prompt when I logged in as root.
apt-get -u upgrade
After answering yes to confirm the upgrade it took a short while for the downloads to finish and then a short while later everything was upgraded to 0.9.3.
The last stage involved running (as root):
When I now view the Status page using the web interface I correctly get 0.9.3 but when I go to the Software Management->eBox Components page I still see the old version numbers of 0.9.1-7180 instead of new numbers 0.9.3xxx.
The upgrade and update system seems to be faulty.
I have tried this twice, once using an existing system and another using a virtual machine with VM Ware and both did exactly the same thing.