About the agreement
It is important for every open source project to maintain a consistent legal status on all its intellectual property, including source code, documentation, graphical materials, translations and so on. That is why contributor agreements exist.
Zentyal Contributor Agreement is based on Sun Contributor Agreement – version 1.5. The terms of the agreement basically state that:
- Your contribution is an original work
- You assign to us a joint ownership of your contribution and each of us can act as the sole owner
- We guarantee that your contribution will be made available under a free/open source license
We know it is a tedious task to fill, print, sign and scan or fax such a legal contract for every minor contribution. That is why we try to avoid it for most contributions by including an implicit acceptance of its terms in user registration. We only require the explicit signature of the agreement for source code contributions that will be integrated in an official Zentyal release.
Instructions for submitting the agreement
If you want your contribution to be integrated in the official Zentyal release, or you want your name to appear in the list of official contributors, follow these simple steps:
- Please review the agreement to guarantee that you fully understand all terms and conditions.
- Download and print out the Zentyal Contributor Agreement (ZCA).
- Sign the agreement.
- Send the signed agreement to eBox Technologies S.L. as a digital image: scan or photograph your signed agreement and email it to info AT zentyal DOT com.
If you have questions, please contact us via the Zentyal Forum or send email to info AT zentyal DOT com.