|Version 7 (modified by jacalvo@…, 2 years ago) (diff)|
Google Summer of Code 2010
This is just a selection of ideas but if the students have their own ideas they will be very appreciated. Another source of inspiration is our Wishlist?.
All the ideas related with eBox platform (improvements and new modules) require some knowledge of the Perl language as well as Web development skills. The ebox-desktop monitorization agent could be implemented in any language.
- Adaptation for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid).
- Desktop integration:
- Monitor and software agent:
- Status of the installed software packages, install new packages and updates.
- Monitor using ebox-monitor (collectd), extend with SNMP support. Alerts using eBox events.
eBox Platform improvements
- Network improvements:
- IPv6 support: enable IPv6 support on all the services (Squid, Samba, Mail, etc) and add IPv6 capabilities to ebox-network, ebox-objects and ebox-firewall.
- Traffic shapping improvements: tracking new connections, large transfers, incoming traffic, etc. Analyze current traffic and propose a better QoS configuration.
- Network monitoring (based on ntop or any other similar tool) with protocols, clients, bandwidth, QoS classes, etc.
- UTM improvements:
- Enhance IDS module with Snort & Firewall integration ( Snortsam).
- Office server improvements:
- Funambol integration for mail/egroupware.
- CCTV module (ZoneMinder integration).
- Virtualization module (libvirt integration).
- Development module (Trac + Subversion integration).