|Version 1 (modified by ejhernandez@…, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Recover Jabber Session Manager Database
Sometimes, it may happen jabberd-sm daemon does not work properly and the jabber service sends back Session manager is not available to the Jabber client.
This may happen if the session manager Berkekey database is corrupted. These are the steps to recover it:
- Stop the jabber service using eBox interface
- Check no jabberd2-* processes are up and running using ps ax and pkill if needed
- Download and install db4.2-util debian package
- Run db4.2_recover on /var/lib/jabberd2/db
- Restart the jabber service using eBox interface
This error is quite odd and rarely to happen.