|Version 68 (modified by jacalvo@…, 3 years ago) (diff)|
The preferred way to install Zentyal (formerly eBox Platform) on a new machine from scratch is using our tailored CD installer. This CD contains Zentyal and all its dependencies. The 2.0 version is based on Ubuntu Server 10.04.
- Zentyal 2.0 installer https://sourceforge.net/projects/zentyal/files/zentyal-2.0-i386.iso.md5/download/download md5.
- eBox 1.4-2 installer https://sourceforge.net/projects/zentyal/files/ebox_installer-1.4-2.iso.md5/download md5.
Once the installation process is done, you can access the web interface using a web browser (usually from another machine in the same network):
To log in an user and password is asked, this data is asked during the first stage of the installation. But any other user belonging to the "admin" group could be used to log in as well.
Note: The installers are generated from time to time, so maybe some packages contained on them are outdated. If you have Internet connection during the installation, the latest version of the packages will be installed from our repositories.
Zentyal 2.0 packages
For Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid). You should install the server edition.
Add to your /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/zentyal/2.0/ubuntu hardy main
In order to authenticate the packages in the PPA you can import its public key with the following command:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 342D17AC
Read the 2.0 Announcement for more info.
Zentyal has a modular design that allows you to install or remove modules depending on your needs. The number of Zentyal modules is about 30. In order to ease the process of installation you can install one or more Zentyal profiles. A profile contains a set of packages that are commonly used in a task. This is a the list of the current profiles:
- zentyal-office: ebox-samba, ebox-printers, ebox-antivirus, ebox-ebackup, ebox-software, ebox-monitor
- zentyal-communication: ebox-mail, ebox-jabber, ebox-asterisk, ebox-mailfilter, ebox-antivirus, ebox-ebackup, ebox-software, ebox-monitor
- zentyal-security: ebox-firewall, ebox-ids, ebox-squid, ebox-openvpn, ebox-mailfilter, ebox-antivirus, ebox-ebackup, ebox-software, ebox-monitor
- zentyal-gateway: ebox-network, ebox-squid, ebox-firewall, ebox-trafficshaping, ebox-l7-protocols, ebox-ebackup, ebox-software, ebox-monitor
- zentyal-infrastructure: ebox-network, ebox-dhcp, ebox-dns, ebox-openvpn, ebox-webserver, ebox-ntp, ebox-ebackup, ebox-software, ebox-monitor, ebox-ftp
The groupware module (ebox-zarafa) needs an extra repository added in /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu lucid partner
Note that if you use our installer Zarafa is already included in the CD and it's also included in the zentyal-office profile.
After editing your sources.list, make sure that your package database is up to date by running the following command:
sudo apt-get update
After that, you just need to run:
sudo apt-get install zentyal
And then point your browser to the Zentyal IP address and follow the instructions on screen:
You can also use the command line to install the packages.
sudo apt-get install zentyal-office
You can also install all the eBox packages:
sudo apt-get install ebox-all
In case you need just a few modules you can also install any of the following list by running apt-get install <modulename>: