|Version 8 (modified by jacalvo@…, 20 months ago) (diff)|
Migrating from Zentyal 2.0 to 2.2
This page contains a guide on migrating from a working Zentyal 2.0 to 2.2 (latest version). A tool has been developed to automatize the process, so you only need to run it and wait.
Before you start
- Backup! You must make a backup of your system before starting. Migrations are complex processes that can fail at some point.
- Check your Internet connectivity. Migration tool will need a working Internet connection to download new packages and upgrade old ones.
- You need to upgrade to last versions of the Zentyal 2.0 packages, otherwise the migration could not be successful. For that, execute the following in the console:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- Download the Zentyal 2.0 to 2.2 Migration Tool (TODO link)
- Extract migration tool and run it with:
tar xvzf zentyal-migrate-2.0-to-2.2.tar.gz cd zentyal-migrate-2.0-to-2.2 sudo ./migrate.sh
Migration tool will ask you for confirmation before beginning. After that it will follow these steps, it is an automatic process but you can check that everything is correct:
- Replace old 2.0 Zentyal PPA with the new 2.2 one in /etc/apt/sources.list
- Get the list for your installed packages
- Save current configuration (redis database)
- Remove 2.0 packages (remove only, not purge)
- Update, upgrade everything from the new PPA and install Zentyal 2.2 packages
- Stop every Zentyal 2.0 module
- Copy 2.0 data (/var/lib/ebox) to new 2.2 dir (/var/lib/zentyal)
- Import previously saved configuration (redis)
- Upgrade objects schema to new format
- Upgrade LDAP configuration (if present)
- Create new core SQL tables
- Purge 2.0 packages
- Start Zentyal 2.2 modules
Custom configuration and stubs
- If you have any custom configuration (/etc/ebox/*.conf files) you will need to migrate it by hand. New files are located at /etc/zentyal/. We recommend you to manually merge your changes in the new files instead of just replacing them as some packages have included new configuration keys or may contain other changes.
- The same as above apply to stubs (/etc/ebox/stubs), the new path for them is /etc/zentyal/stubs, and some of the original templates (at /usr/share/zentyal/stubs) have changed, so you should copy the new templates you want to modify and re-apply your changes, if you just copy your customized stubs from /etc/ebox you can break some stuff.
New firewall services
- Some services in modules like Mail and Groupware have changed (or more specifically, they have been renamed and reorganized), so it's very likely you'll have some duplicated firewall rules after the migration (with the old and the new ones), this shouldn't be a problem in general, but maybe you can have a look at your rules and clean them a bit.
Thirt party or unofficial modules
- If you have any non-official module installed, you have to purge it before starting the migration process.